Knowing how to properly use common equipment can make the difference between a great day and a terrible one. Falling off of a ladder hurts (ask anyone who’s done it), and fires tend not to go out just by asking them nicely. This safety series is designed to familiarize you with how to use some of the most important equipment you are likely to handle on a regular basis. Perhaps you’ve used some of this stuff before, but that doesn’t mean you’ve always done it right. You probably know somebody who’s tried cutting a full piece of plywood alone in the garage without clamps or a sturdy table. Maybe that “somebody” is you.
Now I know. You’re already falling asleep, because you think these videos are going to be a bunch of tedious lectures. Well you are wrong! Safety may not be a laughing matter, but that doesn’t mean you can’t laugh while learning how to be safe. So we’ve loaded these videos with plenty of hilarious skits and memorable one-liners to help keep you awake. We don’t want you to die anymore than you do, and we’d hardly be doing our jobs right if you accidentally died from boredom.
So get ready to enjoy our Equipment Safety Essentials series. Because at The Jeff Havens Company, we offer serious solutions in a seriously funny way.
Key Takeaways from Equipment Safety Essentials:
- How to properly carry, ascend, and descend a ladder
- How to use a two-wheeled handcart (even over steps and curbs and things!)
- How to use a fire extinguisher to put out a fire
- How to safely use various common power tools
- The dangers of distracted driving, and how to avoid it
What You’ll Receive:
- 5 videos (approximately 25 minutes total)
- Quiz questions for each video!